Race Information 14km (D +560M)
The Mountain Running Race covers a distance of 14km on the trails of Mount Kakavos, with a positive elevation gain of 560m. The race takes place on the first Sunday of October each year. The starting and finishing point of the race is defined as the “Horostasi Square” in Megali Panagia.
- Date: October 1, 2023
- Start Time: 11:30 AM
- Detailed route description and elevation profile of the race are available in the “technical description” section.
Our goal is to promote sports, highlight the natural beauty, and protect the environment as a source of life and joy for everyone, forever.
As long as the threat of mining remains, as long as the environment is sacrificed in the name of development, we will dedicate these races to environmental advocacy and the fight against gold-copper mining that threatens Northern Halkidiki.
We hope that all athletes and organizers together will keep our mountains alive.
2. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Participation is open to all individuals aged 18 and above, both recreational and club athletes. Participants under 18 years old must have parental consent and a Statutory Declaration. Each participant runs at their own risk and should have undergone recent medical examination, be in excellent health, and be able to meet the demands of this race.
- Online on Registration Platform: Registrations – Entries
- Registration is valid upon payment of participation fee.
- Once the payment is completed, your name will appear in the “participants” section on our website.
Depending on the number of registrations, there may be a limit on the number of registrations on the day of the race (no later than 9:00 AM). However, timely declaration of participation is important and will be appreciated.
4. PARTICIPATION FEE
- The participation fee is 15€. It is solely used to cover the expenses of the race.
- Payment will be made via bank transfer.
- In the case of cancellation/postponement of the race due to exceptional circumstances, registrations will be valid for the rescheduled date.
5. AWARDS – PARTICIPATION PACKAGE – ATHLETE NUMBER
Each participant will be assigned a race number (bib), which must be visibly displayed throughout the race.
All athletes will receive a participation package including:
- Technical T-shirt, Eco-friendly Canvas Bag, Medal, Participation Certificate, Mountain Herbs.
Awards will be given to the top three male and female participants in the following categories:
- Overall Category
- 50+ Category
6. REFRESHMENT STATIONS
There will be a refreshment station at the 5th and 9th kilometers. The stations will provide electrolytes, water, dried fruits, chips, crackers, raisins, chocolates, coca cola etc. We recommend that athletes bring their own cup, bottle, or flask to receive liquid refreshments in order to avoid the use of plastic. At the finish line, there will be refreshments and food.
7. KILOMETER MARKERS – TIME LIMITS – RACE RECORDS
- There will be a kilometric distance indication at 5km (refreshment point) and 10km.
- Time limit for disqualification: 3 hours.
The race records for the 12.5km race, first held in 2022, are held by Konstantinos Kyriazis (01h:09min:04sec) and Konstantina Boskopoulou (01h:11min:50sec). This year, the race will be 14km.
The official (final) race results will be published a few days after the race to allow for data verification and necessary checks. Provisional results will be available live on the day of the race.